Association “Verslo Programinės įrangos aljansas” (VPIA) brings together software manufacturers and distributors in Lithuania. The main mission of VPIA is to unitedly represent its members through:
- Enhancing protection of its members’ (software manufacturers and distributors) intellectual property rights;
- Promoting public awareness and education in the area of intellectual property;
- Promoting the development and implementation of innovations in the IT sector, technology development which would lead to economic progress and better quality of life;
- Promoting fair competition;
- Promoting proper data protection.
“A reliable protection of intellectual property in the information technology market is the starting point for developing and consolidating the knowledge society and knowledge economy as the basis of Lithuanian economy. The mission of VPIA aims not only at the change of the society’s mind-set towards intellectual property and the use of legal software, but also at specific actions that would prove efficient in the information technology market”, says Povilas Kaminskas, President of VPIA.